Saturday, March 23, 2013

Taking things for granted..No more

Very recently,  my friend's father passed away.  As much as we tried to console her, I knew that  none of us can understand the pain and grief she felt of losing her beloved father.  Going through her experience is an eye-opening experience.  I have been living away from my parents for seven years and although we talk on the phone almost once a week, still there are times when I haven't talked to them in months.  Deep in my heart I always know that no matter what I do or where I am they are always going to be there for me and they will love me regardless.  All the things that I haven't shown enough appreciation.

Then, it comes to my attention that nothing lasts forever in this world. With my busy selfish time, I forget about them sometimes.  Yet, i know that they always pray for me every day, putting their kids above themselves.  Through them, I've learned and experienced the love of God and what it called unconditional love.  

At one point in our lives, most of us are going to go through the experience.. losing someone that we love so dearly and it hurts.  No kidding.  I am freaking TERRIFIED.  To be honest, for 25 years of my life- I have been fortunate enough to have never experience it, thus taking things for granted. I have never gone through such sorrow and all I can remember was when my grandmother passed away, there was so much grief in the family but I was too young to even understand.

If there's one thing that I learn today, is never to take things for granted anymore.  I don't want to regret later in my life that i haven't said things I should have said or do the things i should have done. I cant bare the image of me regretting everything while it is too late. If anyone reads this blog, no matter how much anger or resentment you have towards your loved ones.  You are lucky enough that they are still there with you at this moment, still love you no matter what.  Nothing lasts forever and when the time comes for you to let go, regret is the last thing you want to feel.  

1 comment:

CM said...

A very good post.
Yes. Let go is the key ..;)
Now i feel calm inside myself.
:D never regret when it's too late right?.