Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I have a disease and it's killing me softly..

This disease is called "materialism" and I am so ashamed that I caught this.  Tried  many times to cure myself by going to ban island, but sure enough when my disposable income increase, I went straight to crazy shopping mode.  In 2017, I spent over 10K on designer bags.  The good thing was that I did pretty well on selling old bags I didn't use anymore and I babied my bags, so I usually got pretty good money to fund new bags. Still, it was crazy thinking about it. How did it go that bad?

I was a person who didn't care much about appearance and used to be dressing up in jeans & t-shirts, played sports with the boys and never put on makeup.  I think the makeup part is still true until today, but then I started to get into luxury goods few years ago and became obsessed.  I loved learning about different designers, leather, color and even enjoyed watching fashion bloggers review on luxury. 
Many times, I convinced myself that these are investment, especially the classic ones, but I can't even wear these bags without being paranoid.  So, why did I buy expensive bags that I won't even use? 

I am continuously looking for a cure and to spend more $ on travel and intangible goods. Sometimes it worked, but then I couldn't help myself when I see good deals.  Even worse, I don't think that these goods gave me any happiness.  It's just a need that I need to fulfill.  Am I crazy? 



No comments: